- 80 % of high school seniors have used alcohol; in comparison, 62% have smoked cigarettes; 49% have use marijuana; and 9% have used cocaine (Nida, 2000 Monitoring The Future Study, Secondary School)
- A large percentage of homeless kids do not graduate from high school, and their GPA is lower than others.
THE SALVATION ARMY SOLUTION:
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs & Community Centers
- 69,758 youth participated in organized athletic activity sessions including fitness classes and sports leagues.
- 500 inner-city children attended a one-week residential summer camp in Jasper, GA.
- 3,181 youth participated in organized music, character building, art, and dance.
HOW YOU CAN HELP 100
- $40.50 will provide a child a full school-year of recreational activities designed to keep him/her healthy and promote social wellbeing.
Help 100 at rick youth build a better future with a donation of $4,050.
- $210 will send an inner –city child to a summer camp retreat for a week.
Help 100 at-risk youth get the experience of a lifetime with a donation of $21,000.
- $120 will provide one child six weeks of music, drama, or choral instruction. Help 100 youth learn new talents with a donation or $21,000.
Please consider making a prayerful contribution of any size today. Click here to make an online donation or mail your donation c/o Friends of The Army to The Salvation Army, PO Box 49247, Atlanta, GA 30359.