Courtesy of Mark Jones
Jackson, Miss. (Jan. 23, 2012) The Salvation Army is on the ground in Jefferson and Chilton Counties in Alabama offering physical, emotional, and spiritual care to survivors and relief personnel. Within the first two hours following the tornado, The Salvation Army was actively serving meals in multiple locations across Jefferson County. Five mobile feeding units have been deployed across the region.
• Feeding unit from Selma, AL, to Maplesville, Ala. ETA between 11:00 AM and Noon
• Feeding unit from Birmingham to Centerpoint Courthouse.
• Feeding unit from Anniston to Birmingham for deployment to Jefferson County.
• Feeding unit from Meridian, Miss. to Birmingham for deployment in Jefferson County.
• Feeding unit from Birmingham, Ala, for undetermined deployment.
The Salvation Army anticipates an extended presence in the impacted areas, offering food & hydration, emotional and spiritual support as relief, recovery and clean up continue. Financial donations are needed and can be made to The Salvation Army at http://www.disaster.salvationarmyusa.org or by calling 1-800-Sal-Army (725-2769). Please follow us on Twitter at @SalvationArmyA.